A Community where Interpersonal Violence has been replaced by Equality, Empowerment and Emotional & Physical Safety.
MCVP's Mission is:
1) to assist victims of domestic and sexual violence in the Monadnock Region through crisis intervention, peer support,
court advocacy, safe housing and referral to other services and 2) to reduce the incidence and impact of domestic and sexual violence by advocating for public policies and providing education, awareness and prevention programs.
- Emotional, physical and sexual violence are unacceptable. No one should have to be a survivor: We believe in the right to live free from violence and the fear of violence and that everyone deserves respect.
- Breaking the cycle. We believe prevention & intervention must be at work simultaneously until we reach our vision
- Empowerment and self-determination: We believe in the right to have control over one’s body, mind and spirit.
- Health: We believe that individual, organization & community health are interrelated and that trauma exposure can negatively impact health and well-being.
- Growth: We affirm the importance of personal, professional and organizational growth.
- Integrity & Respect: We value integrity and respect as guiding principles in all our work.
Adopted by MCVP Board of Directors 4/23/12